Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Flyball Road Trip

Wow. Getting ready for a trip to Michigan! I have NEVER been there, although Zorra was last month for a big flyball tournament. I cannot wait. I had a GREAT time in Henry, IL a couple of weeks ago. Oh, yea.. well, I had a great time. Not sure Mom did.

You see, it is like this. I play by my own rules. If others want to follow what I say and do, then we will get along GRREAT. If not, then you have a problem, and I will tell you about it, of course.

I watch a lot of Nascar, and Tony Stewart is my favorite driver. You see, we live by the same philosphy sometimes.... If you ain't rubbin' - you ain't racin'.

In flyball, they have this B-O-R-I-N-G rule that all dogs should remain in their OWN lane. The dogs should systematically jump over the jumps in THEIR lane, get THEIR balls from THEIR box an run back to THEIR handler. Let me tell ya. B-O-R-I-N-G.

Oh, sure, I do the above in class. I have to do some trash talking to the other dogs to get in their heads before a run. I study dog psychology and know what to say to get in their heads and they give me a Wiiiiiiiide bearth most of the time. BOL.

But, in a tournament, I like to trash talk, of course, and then sometimes I like to go bump the other dog while they are running in their lane, getting their ball from their box. OH man, does my mom get mad! So what if I want to chase the other dog in their lane and try to get their ball before they do, and so what if I do a bump and run?


My mom is always saying something like blah blah blah, don't you want to be on the big dog team like Zorra and run in the big league? What's wrong with you? Do you want to only run in minor league?

I say.. Zorra, Smorra. She would jump off a bridge if you told her to, and I wasn't there to stop her. I say.. Run with Gusto, be your own dog, don't do what is expected, take everyone out who doesn't listen... those are my mottos.

Mom has a LOT to learn about flyball. BOL. Wish her luck.

No comments: