Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flyball Tournament, Part 1

HI everydoggie!!

I had a great weekend. It was filled with drama, excitement, danger, drama.....

First, mommi and Auntie Sharon had signed Rubie, Yippie (Auntie Sharon's kids) and me up for a u-fli Flyball tournament. We were going to do single dog racing, and none of us had done it before. I have to tell you pals, I was NERVOUS. I wanted to do everything just perfectly and not mess up.

On Friday nights, we practice flyball with everydog, and it is always loud with everydog barking and such. All the other doggies are talking trash to each other saying they are faster and are better, especially Maverick and Katie. When they race each other, they are always barking and being very loud. I sometimes bark when Katie is barking because I always tell her that it isn't nice to say such things. They are always barking that the other "is a slow poke! BRING it on! EAT MY DUST, you pup", etc. Katie calls Mav an old codger, and then, that makes Mav REALLY mad and he says that he will be down and back before she even starts. I can't even repeat what Sammie says, and he isn't practicing flyball right now!! But, mommi says not to listen that he's just got a sailor terrier mouth. Anyway, I am digressing....

Here is a picture of another dog doing flyball, as we are still in the process of switching computers. You can see that it is very fast.

Flyball August 27 008

It started raining really, really hard on Friday and mommi was saying that there were some really bad storms coming. Sammie doesn't like these storms at all and goes into his bomb shelter behind the couch. He never wants to come out until he knows for sure that the storms have passed on by. It rang a LOT that night. During breaks in the storm when he would come out of the shelter, he was drawing up plans for making even more modifications to the VW.

It rained so much that mommi said that we might not be able to go to the tournament because it was flooding everywhere. Since we were going to take Auntie Sharon's van and RV trailer, it might be too much. But, Auntie Sharon called and said the coast was clear and let's try to go.

I have to tell you pals, I was not too keen on going out in such weather. I don't like water all that much. I don't like to go out in the rain, but mommi said to just come on or she would take someone else. Well, that would not have been fun for me!!!! This was going to be my first tournament and I just HAD to go. She was really insistent, so I put on my life vest and followed mommi on out. We said good-bye to Katie and Sam who were arguing about the modifications to the VW.

Just a short piece from our house, the water was coming across the road. I didn't like to too much and I told mommi that we should turn around. She didn't listen. We just went right on through the water! I was really nervous, but mommi said everything was OK. She said, look it is just a couple inches of water, nothing to worry about.

We had to go a long way to get to Auntie Sharon's house. I thought we were never going to get there. I kept telling mommi that, too. But, again she didn't listen. Then, we were really close to where Auntie Sharon lives. There was water RUSHING across the road. In fact, the water was going waaaaay up on cars. I tried to point that out to mommi, but she didn't listen. All she said was, "Don't worry, we are in a truck." I am telling you doggies, this water was moving fast across the street. Water is not supposed to be on the street. We weren't in the VW!! The VW has floatation devices!!! And, I don't think our truck did! MOMMI, don't do it. MOMMI, this truck isn't a Johnny boat!!! STOP. That is as wide as the M-i-ss-i-ss-pp-i Riber!!

We went across the river that was rushing over the street. I just knew that we were going to get washed away and end up in the ocean! Mommi calls me a worrywart, but someone had to be!!! Mommi was being very foolish. Oh sure, there were all these other vehicles going through the water. Do you have to do everything everyone else does, mommi? Mommi kept saying that the water wasn' t that deep yet and we were going through it. It was only a few inches. Finally, we got across that river that was like 1,000 miles wide. We went another million miles to Auntie Sharon's house.

Auntie Sharon lives on hill, and she has an agility field down below. We looked over and saw that the agility field was just an island and the water was rushing like a zillion miles an hour into the lake. I was just glad that we were way up high on top of the ravine!

Auntie Sharon and mommi said it was time to get going, and I had to get into a crate next to Yippee. I was not happy being in Auntie Sharon's van, in a strange crate, without any of my stuff AND having to sit next to Yippee. I just stared holes into my mommi's back to let her know how unhappy I was! Everydog knows I don't do well with change!!!

So, we started the gazillion mile ride to Illynoise. I will be in this crate furever!

Sorry for the lack of photos, as mommi forgot her camera. :(

Part II coming soon.


Lenny said...

Hey Zorra! I'm glad you made it across the big rushing river. We had a lot of water here too but my mom drives a teeny tiny car so she couldn't cross it. I am sure you guys will have lots of great agility pics for the Pawlimpics!!

Your friend, Lenny

Amber-Mae said...

I have not seen water going by our streets before but I think it would have been fun to swim in it. Glad to know none of you got swept away by it. Hope the tournament went very well!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Eric said...

Way scary adventure you had there Zorra. Those 2 legggededs are not so wise sometimes are they? Hope it gets better and drier for you in Part 11.

Wags, Eric

Jackson said...

Hey Zorra, wow, that sounds like a bit of a scary adventure! Can't wait to read the next installment! J x